Monday 4 February 2013

wood gatherer

I`m very glad to have extended my firewood license another three months and look forward to being in this forest as it starts to come alive once more...Over the winter I`ve had one curious, tame Robin keep me company, have heard, of course, keening buzzards and seen, rarely, glimpses of winter-dark roe deer. But that`s about it.
Much of the deadwood up here is sodden, after unremittingly wet months; snow and rain. I`m going to start collecting the countless sawn trunk stumps, discarded and dumped in the logging road ditches by forestry skyliners. I`ll gather them in pockets under dark, dry, close-knit spruce plantation. In time they`ll dry out. Once split, storing them will be a challenge as they don`t stack beautifully...

















No comments:

Post a Comment