Friday 2 December 2011

Clackety Boots


On Sunday I used my new "trail running" shoes. They look good and are waterproof. The soles though feel - on hard surfaces -  like knobbly slabs of hard black toffee. I fear also that, being clackety, they`ll scare any wildlife away.
I wanted to explore the forestry road beyond the shell-of-a-caravan (no longer sinister to me because last time, on running down to it for the first time, I sniffed it, so to speak; I introduced myself, speculated outloud as to its character and history). 
It sits on the edge of a conifer-wooded slope and looks out and down on what I now know to be Scrogbank Burn. And on this first face to face encounter the sun shone on the widely spread scots pine and a single bird sang nearby - its song echoing peacefully.


No comments:

Post a Comment